Currituck-Knotts Island Ferry Welcome Center

Construction of a new $2 million Welcome Center for the Currituck-Knotts Island ferry is underway in Moyock, NC. The exterior facade and roof panels are near completion. A federal grant will pay 80% of the cost of this project, with the remaining 20% of the cost by state funding. The larger Welcome Center will include a Currituck region historical exhibit area, restrooms and offices, and will be replacing an outdated and undersized facility. Adam Hughes is the project manager and Dennis Bousman is the site superintendent.